Saturday, December 26, 2009

Makin' It Our Own

New Stamps for the shop!
At the opening of MiMi Gelato someone asked us for a gift certificate.  We didn't have any so I drew one up on a piece of paper.  Honestly having gift certificates never crossed my mind, but it's a great idea.  I made these stamps today.  They're made from soft-cut or safety-cut... it's like linoleum, but much easier to work with.  I'll post a tutorial once I find the time.  It's really easy!  The small round one is our cup stamp and the large slice-of-toast shaped stamp is for making the gift certificates.


Gift Certificate Stamp
A close up of the gift certificate stamp.  This is my first time carving lots of text.  It's hard to get the curves and fine lines, but I really like the results.


MiMi Gelato Gift Certificate
Each certificate is printed by hand on 100% cotton paper.  I love the gelato spoon on the side :)

I just wanted to thank everyone who came out to see us and blog or forwarded info about the shop.  We were pleasantly surprised by a few folks who came from West Seattle after getting Kelly Lyles' email!  You rawk Kelly!

2 comments:

Pamela said...

bless me! ... what an adorably sweet gift certificate!
I hope business is madly successful!!!

Diem Chau said...

You're fast on the comment and up so early :P
Thanks Pam