Tuesday, December 22, 2009

MiMi Gelato Now Open!

NOW OPEN!
I know this is a little crazy, but my husband and I have started a gelato shop in Ballard!  We've been pouring every waking hour for the last 2 months into this project and tomorrow is the GRAND OPENING! We literally did everything ourselves besides for the electrical and plumbing.  I'm very happy with the results, although right now I don't want to touch another can of red paint EVER AGAIN!

MiMi Gelato Signs
There's a total of 4 signage pieces; 2 sandwich boards (4 separate signs really) and 2 large wall signs.  It took me the good part of a month to finish because there were so many layers of paint and I didn't have the space to do it all at once.  The process really dragged on and I got tired of the fumes as well.   That's my ultra messy garage/workroom/woodshop and my pride and joy Dewalt chop saw in the lower right. ^_^

It took 4 coats of red to cover properly... and there are even spots where you can see lighter shades.  Frackin' A the can said one coat coverage!!!  My husband thinks I like to go overboard... :P  These babies will outlast a hurricane!


Shop from outside
Not the best exterior shot, but this was taken last night right after we passed our inspection!  I'll take my camera to the opening tomorrow for better pics.  There are 2 exterior lights still waiting to be wired.

Panna Cotta Gelato
Some lovely food prawn for y'all! This is one of my favorite flavor, Pannacotta... it's like a creme brulee.

Pistachio Gelato
The always yummy Pistachio.

Wild Berry Gelato
For the Vegan fan, Mixed Berries. We also have some special flavors planned like Matcha and Black Sesame as well.

If you're in the area please stop by!
Diem Chau

MiMi Gelato
2315 NW Market Street (Between Anchor Tattoo and Azteca on Market St.)
Seattle, WA 98107
Wednesday - Sunday, NOON - 8pm

Many thanks to Adriana and Brad for the blog posts!  Also big hugs to Dailycandy, Thrillist, and SeattleWeekly!
http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/
http://www.dailycandy.com/seattle
http://www.thrillist.com

7 comments:

Pamela said...

what an exciting venture for you! Best of luck, I am sure it will be a smashing success. You flavors sound divine... wish I was quite so far away!!
:)
best, pamela

Catmid said...

Mmm fud p0rn. hehe
Congrats! It looks delicious!
xoxo

Diem Chau said...

Thanks Pamela ^_^

Thanks Cat! Merry Holiday!

kale kim said...

Welcome to the neighborhood! We are excited to come by-best of luck with the shop and I'm sure we'll see you there soon!

Diem Chau said...

Thanks Kim :)

Jellybean said...

hey, awesome! another shop! I will make a note to drop by if I'm ever in Seattle! I was in town for like...1 hour last year. :/

(p.s. it's Galaxychild using the only blogger ID she has...which is her cat's)

Diem Chau said...

Thanks Yvonne :)
I've been meaning to go to BC for so long! Much coolness up there.